Thursday, August 29, 2013

I Don't Usually Tell People to Buy a Specific Bible, But Buy This One!

     Disclaimer at the beginning: I did not read this book cover to cover nor every single page of all supplemental materials, as there is A LOT of stuff in here. I read the Bible in the NLT front to back last year, so I will stand by it as a great dynamic translation. What I did do, however, was read through the resources that this study Bible includes, and I must say that I am proud to have this as my main study Bible now.
     The New Spirit-Filled Life Bible takes various key passages throughout the books of the Bible and explains why they matter, especially in a post-Pentecost time period. The many editors and contributors provide a diverse and dynamic perspective both to the Bible's contents, and why it matters to us today. One of my favorite characteristics of The New Spirit-Filled Life Bible is that it provides Strong's Concordance definitions for Hebrew and Greek words throughout the text. As an English teacher, I find plenty of enjoyment in that alone. When you buy a copy of this, flip to the back and find Reinhard Bhanke's feature; such great insights!
     Do not hesitate to buy this study Bible. It will be a great resource for in-depth study of the Word and its modern implications.

I received my copy of this book from the publisher for free in exchange for writing a review. I was not obligated to review favorably; the opinions expressed are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment