Thursday, January 31, 2013

Do You Want to Read Something Relentless?

            The writer states in Ecclesiastes that, "Finishing is better than starting" (7:8).  This is an ironic verse to begin a book on persevering through trials because while they are better to finish than start, Relentless by John Bevere got better and better as I read it to the point that finishing it was better than starting it.  The title is also ironic, as Bevere is relentless in driving home a message of doing everything possible for the Kingdom and not giving up.
            Relentless is full of Scripture references, with 237 pages and at least one per page on average, it is safe to say that this book is based on Bible, no debate.  But it also contains personal anecdotes, life application examples, and is all done through the heart of a man who cares about people.
            I am hard-pressed to find anything I didn't like about this book, as it is well written and I couldn't put it down.  This book could easily be used in any small-group setting as the center of study.  Read Relentless and thank me later.

I received my copy of the book for free from the publisher in exchange for reviewing it.  I was not obligated to give a positive review; the opinions expressed are mine solely.


No comments:

Post a Comment