Sunday, August 26, 2012

I Am "Fully Alive"


For the sake of avoiding the standard review format, here is something different:

Dear Ken Davis,
Your book Fully Alive is a challenge to the reader to realize that every day is a chance to live his or her life to the fullest; not just because life is available, but because there is a God who through his son has given each of us the ability to live life to the fullest.  I appreciate how you use examples and moments from your own life to show how if we are not embracing each moment that life brings, then we are taking for granted the very opportunities that God has given us.
            Ken, you do a great job of sharing various moments that effectively connect to the ultimate “moral” of each of your lessons throughout Fully Alive which you share in each chapter; I especially connected with one of your early chapters where you share about your granddaughter going missing; that moment when you realize you have to fully rely on God because you can’t control ANYTHING makes you realize how alive you are.  Having listened to you speak before, I can imagine you telling all these stories.  The lessons you share challenge me to want to not miss out on any chance to live; the consequences that can be determined by some of your stories for not living the life God has given can be disastrous otherwise.
            Fully Alive reminds me that every day is a new opportunity.  I would happily recommend your book to anyone who: a) needs a great book to read, or b) anyone who needs a little motivation to make their lives extraordinary.  Thanks for writing such a great book!

Sincerely,
Gerrit

P.S.  I received your copy of this book from the publisher for free in exchange reviewing it.  I was not obligated to write a positive review; my opinions are my own.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment